Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Roger;
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

They were - if it's an older one - GM diesels which were not all that bad really, but sometimes it's better to have them worked on by a mechanic who understands GM diesels....

One of them needed the batteries replaced and they were some unique "military grade" battery unlike other motor homes and thus weren't free, but seem to last much longer than most other motor home batteries. They seem to get hot next to the engine/transmission and not last.

Saw a few customers with diesel pushers that replaced batteries regularly.

The one guy needed something or other for his rig and took it to the factory in Oregon. He said they pulled out a big fat file and therein had a sample of the carpet, the paint code, the drapes and upholstery colors - everything! He was impressed anyways as they had the build sheet and could set him up with direct replacement parts.

Thanks for the reply and safe travels Roger. Say hello to Leighton for me when you get there.

Dwayne
this one has a detroit diesel.

Roger;
Thanks again sir.

From what I've learned the GM built Detroit diesels and Allison transmissions that Prevost used were pretty trouble free.

Like I say, up here it pays to find a mechanic who has worked on a Detroit as they're not a Cummins, Cat or Isuzu from what the mechanics I know have said.

They are supposed to be the veritable "king of the road" however when it comes to ride and handling.

Thanks, again good luck and safe travels. Good fishing too of course! grin

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"