I'm having a problem with my 2008 vintage '81 Lightning stainless take down magazine. When loaded with 4 rounds, it is almost impossible to latch with the bolt closed and the 1 time I was able to do so, the bolt snagged on the shoulder of the first cartridge and would not come to the rear. When the bolt is open it latches fine and the top round is carried into the chamber when manipulated but, when that round is ejected the second round (right hand side) pops up at an angle and usually can't be chambered. The mag looks almost new and there's no marks on the lips that would indicate someone "adjusted" them.
When I load 3 in the mag with the bolt in battery, the top round pops up at an angle as when 4 are loaded and can't be chambered. When I insert mag with the bolt open, I can reach in the ejection port and push the round down parallel which will then let me chamber it. The bottom 2 rounds function flawlessly every time. I suppose I could use it as a 3 shooter and have 2 left over but, I don't like anything that doesn't work properly. Any suggestions?

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"