Before the 65 gr GK was available, I shot a few deer and pigs with the 63 gr Sierra SMP. It worked real well. Then, when the 65 gr GK came out, I bought a bunch and used them on pigs mostly. Both are very accurate, but the 63 gr is a stubby bullet and would stabilize in my 14 twist 220 Swift barrel. The 65 gr GK won’t even come close to stabilizing in my 220, so it gets used in the 9 twist 223.

A fellow I know and respect says that the 223 bullet you really want to use in your 223 is the 64 gr Nosler Bonded Solid Base. Says he gets exits on pigs. I don’t get that with either Sierra bullet. I think Nosler quit making that bullet, unfortunately. So, the 70 gr Accubond is probably the next best thing. For now though, I’ll stay with the 65 gr GK.

The 65 gr GK is a very accurate bullet. I called Sierra and was told to use the load date for the 63 gr SMP because they have the same bearing surface.

Among the best bullets for deer and pigs in the 223 would be the 60 gr Partition. I’ve used it on some pigs, with good results, and I’d use it more if it was more accurate in my rifle. I still have not found the magic load for that Partition.