Originally Posted by hitandmiss
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Welcome to a world without coal power, they deserve it.

A world without coal power? Where is that, exactly? I happen to live by a major east/west train route through Montana, and there are at least 2 trains a day loaded with coal heading west, every day. At certain times of year, it's at least double that, and those are just the trains I see, not the ones that go through in the middle of the night. You shouldn't believe lies told to you by the media.

You sir, should do a bit of research before telling me what is and what is not happening in the power producing industry. How do you know all the coal you see going down the line is headed to plants here in the US? China is buying all it can. NGS in Page was shut down, Craig, in Colorado is going away as well as Hayden. Cholla on I40 shut down one or two units. SGS outside Round Valley will have 2 units down in the next couple years. The plant i work at is scheduled to close early in the next decade.
These examples are just in my little world. Do a bit of looking around to see just how many coal plants are shut down or slated for shut down in the near future.
The glut of cheap (for now) natural gas from fracking was a hammer blow to coal power. Now fracking is taking a beating. Dont think for a minute that the gas plants wont be going away when the last coal plant is offline.
The wind does not always blow, nor the sun always shine.

Lies from the media, your an idiot.

STFU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coal-fired_power_stations_in_the_United_States

Blow me.

What??? When confronted with facts, you won't even admit you were pulling schitt out of your ass? You don't say. Go push your delusions elsewhere.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.