Nothing new , agencies not only have electronic ears but walking talking ears .
Sometime back I was talking with a lawyer when peoples personal lives were in ink . He told me that when an incident happens that raise red flags , there is a shiet load of files kept in local courthouses that include dates , time , and names of anyone associated in any manner with you or the incident . That was when it was in ink . With all the storage space being so compressed these days , no telling what info they have .
With the dim wits I have heard about on face book and other media sites , I don’t know how the incarceration numbers aren’t bigger than they are . This discussion was not very long ago when a police dept contacted me about one of my stolen rifles turning up at a pawn shop .
The idiot who hocked it off there had a lame azz story and when the police went to talk to him he opened the door with heroin on the table . Spilled the beans on who he got it from which led to a search warrant that led to more drug charges and confiscation of computer and phone which had his face book account with him showing off a deer he had shot with the rifle and later offering a 100 dollar reward for info who stood the rifle from him . Long story shortened up , there was a lot of information gathered here from media .
According to the officer , they monitor media regularly and know quite a bit about people that think they’re smooth .
Kenneth