A .260 Remington or a 6.5 Creedmoor?

I have one Yugo 24/47 left to sporterize and rebarrel. I was thinking of a 6mm Remington, but I've entertained some sort of 6.5 as I don't have any 6.5 chambering in the stable. I get it that the Creedmoor is better for the short action such as a Remington. But the Yugo is a medium length Mauser and the magazine is long enough to seat bullets out farther than the Creedmoor. So I'm thinking the 260 Remington would be the better choice. On another forum some members thought that the Mauser action wasn't capable of the accuracy that such a cartridge was capable of. But I have a couple of tricks that my gun smith has done on other rifles that improves accuracy to levels equal to most modern commercial actions are capable of. One is the stronger firing spring and the other is blue printing the action. So what think you of a Yugo 24/47 sporterized with a stronger firing pin spring to decrease lock time and truing up the action and chambered in .260 Remington? My gun smith does very good work and is very very reasonable with pricing. One thing, I'm not shooting into the next zip code and about 400 yards is my normal limit in range. Mule Deer, I'm asking you for your comment. But will welcome all.

Last edited by Filaman; 08/18/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!