That has not been my experience with SCI, but I know the Blue Blood stigma is there. I can speak mainly to our local chapter, and my first trip to Africa was purchased at a SCI auction. It was in Namibia, and it was not canned nor high fenced. It was an amazing experience that influenced me to go back and not only hunt but become involved in anti poaching efforts in Zimbabwe.

Funds from our local chapter auction have contributed to radio collar studies of our local deer herd, installing big game drinkers for deer and bighorn sheep, hunts for our wounded veterans, junior pheasant hunts, sponsoring teachers for conservation courses, and most recently the efforts to reintroduce endangered Sonoran Pronghorn to California. The list goes on.

I have been side-by side millionaires picking up trash left behind slob shooters preventing a local shooting area from being shut down. Are there egos? Absolutely, but everyone one I have met so far took risks and built businesses. They earned it.

We live in a time where hunting and shooting are under attack. I may not agree with National, but I am proud to list the work our chapter has done and will match that to any so-called environmental group.