Thanks for the reply. I'm 51 and every father could be so happy that his daughter takes up a passion for shooting...

I have to admit that a year ago I bought a new Sendero II 264 WM and I was disappointed with the trigger for what I paid, $1230. My factory VS BDL Swift's trigger is way better. After outfitting the Sendero with a Timney Calvin Elite for another $225, I finally have a rifle but at $1455 and it shoots 5/8" groups @ 100yds. Could not believe how lousy the bedding was, need to fix that yet. Still working to develop a load, but it has me wondering whether the Winchester model 70 extreme weather would have been a better choice. Had it been more impressive, I was considering a mate in 300 RUM.

I decided then that I'm better off buying a used Remington rifles and could get good shooters for less. I picked up a used 40X Rangemaster with factory optional 2oz trigger in 25-06. Beautiful gun with walnut stock, scored it for $ 800. Stainless 27 1/4 Hart factory barrel. First loads of 75gr VMax it grouped under 3/8"@100yds.

Have another 40X in 308 and just shot a 4-shot group 1-hole group @100yds of 0.040" , a new personal best. IMR3031 37.1gr, Sierra Match Kings. Glass bedded but otherwise factory. Simply unbelievable gun. I have a 40X bench gun but why pull it out?

Hope that Remington survives and sees that they need to deliver more value.