Originally Posted by cowdoc
Hey, RBB-enjoying this thread!

Here on the IA/MO border Eastern Red Cedar, Honey Locust and Osage Orange ("hedge") are what we battle. Oaks and cottonwoods too.

Can mow off a pretty big cedar and he ded, but the thorny locust and tough hedge can't be very big or you've scattered thorns all over.

I have a shear that mounts on the 3 point and a brush grapple for the loader on a tractor with a shuttle, works good, but it's SLOW going.

And locust stumps need treated, or you just make 'em mad and where there was one 6 sprout back.

Any advice on pullers, skid steers? Do you have to use chemicals to prevent regrowth? Have to mow every year?

Hi Doc!

Thanks for your interest!

Yessir, if I cut a tree off, especially huisache, mesquites, or live oak, I use a homemade stump killer on them. I mix 1 part diesel and one part Remedy herbicide. It works well.

Most of my clients, and myself included will shred once a year. Usually about this time of year, and have it ready for Sept. Oct rains.

My compact track loader was picked for removing brush. About the most powerful lift in any made. That puller id HD as well. It's a Danuser Intimidator. Only problems I've had are replacing the hoses that came with it for better ones.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!