Picked up a Model 1907 in rough shape, it needed to be completely broken down and cleaned out., including the plug. I've watched I don't know how many U-Tube vids, read patents, checked the NRA assembly book for pistols and revolvers. No one wants to talk about taking these apart or pitting them back together. I am particularly troubled by cylindrical plug that tensions the firing pin spring on top of the bolt, not sure where on the spring it goes to tension the spring and allow the lever that runs in the frame to retract up and stay there.

If someone knows a resource that provides some detail on reassembly of this sub-assembly or even detailed pictures of assembled breech plugs top, bottom and sides. I do well taking things apart and with the resources we have now I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to put it back together.,

See how that worked out? TIA for any assistance. grin

Serial number is 34269.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison