Some light entertainment. What did you do during the Cold War, daddy?

Canada's National Film Board and the Department of Nat'l Defense filmed this. laugh It was shot at CFB Baden, West Germany, in and around the base. It's a bit grainy, but I found it on Youtuber. It was filmed in the early 1980s, but looks straight out of WWII! I have triple checked this video, but cannot see myself anywhere!

If you look closely, you will see the various air weapons and personal weapons we used. Can you spot the SMGs? How about the 2.75 inch rockets? Others?

Admittedly, it's cheesy. Especially with Col Jack Frazer issuing orders throughout. He was the base commander. He went on to be a federal MP in BC, I believe.

Some of the footage was pieced together from other film shoots, or shot to pad out the production. There is a scene where weapons are being towed to the flight line from the bomb dump (possibly by me) for loading on the flight line (possibly by me). One of the weapons that rolled by was napalm. We were still using it back then, but it never got loaded for exercises, or if the balloon actually went up. Napalm doesn't keep and has to be mixed prior to use. Still, it was a hoot to watch everyone mug for the cameras here.

You will see old timey M904 bomb fuzes, BL755 British made cluster bombs, and other stuff, but you have to watch carefully.

Au bon marché! Enjoy.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]