Originally Posted by rosco1
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Went to the local saw shop this morning, owner talked me into a test drive of a new Husqvarna 572XP. He had a 32" full skip chisel bit chain on it, a dry old 3 ft Doug Fir test log.
WOW, just wow. an absolute roostertail of sawdust just flew. My old saw is a 372XP (same cubes, 71cc). Never ran a saw this size with that much torque, awesome.
Wondered if any of you guys have been running one of these, I am always skittish about buying new "revolutionary"..."new and improved", sometimes I get a little carried away with myself.

I own and use a 372XP at home, I use a 572XP at work and my next purchase will be a 572XP X-torq.

No issues with the 572 I take it? I’m wishing I went that way after seeing my brothers stock 572 run right with my modded 372xp x-torq . The main issues I’ve heard about them is elevation changes screw with the auto tune in the 572’s. That’s no good for me so I shied away from it.

None what so ever, ripped into a couple of black box trees in the main park during the week and it tore them up in a satisfying manner. The starting is different but not a problem or issue, I find the saw to be excellent to use and it definitely has more grunt than my 372XP.

I cannot say anything about how it operates at elevation as I live on a bloody great big flat plain and I am kept busy cutting down everything that is higher than I am...feels like that anyway.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.