I'm in the process of gathering all of the parts for a build. I've never changed out parts on either of my ARs, let alone built from scratch, but it's something I want to do. Going with an 18 inch barrel with rifle length gas. Carbine stock.

1. When installing the barrel, do you lightly oil the barrel extension where it fits into the receiver?

2. I am going to use 15 inch floated handguards. The barrel nut doesn't have the u shape slots for the gas tube, so tube alignment during tightening of the nut isn't an issue. From what I understand, most(?) guys tighten to about 30 foot pounds, then tighten enough more for proper gas tube alignment. Since I'm not going to be dealing with tube alignment through the barrel nut, how tight should I go? 40 foot pounds?

3. I don't have either buffer tube assembly or the gas block yet. I've never had the opportunity to mess around with a rifle length gas system with a carbine stock. Assuming the standard carbine spring/buffer, any issues, typically, over or under gassing? Will be using a standard weight bolt carrier group. I can go with adjustable gas block, or should the standard block be good to go? Thanks