So I found what I think was a great buy on a TC Encore.

Comes with a 270 barrel and a 50cal muzzleloader barrel.

It has a walnut stock. I'd like to replace it. Not a huge fan of plastic. So thinking maybe a laminate. Who makes good ones that'll bolt right on? Does the Flex Tech actually do anything to reduce felt recoil?? Open to suggestions but just not a fan of plastic..

As far as the muzzleloader goes.....what do I need to shoot the thing?? I build my own flintlock Longrifles. I've never touched anything other than a flintlock thought.

Sounds like CCI 209 mags and Blackhorn 209 are pretty much king? I can figure out projectiles.

What's needed to put the primer on and take it off? Do the primers go in anything? Or they simple go on as is?

Loaded post. I know. Im excited and don't have a ton of time.

We have an early doe/bear muzzleloader season in mid October I'd like to be ready for. I think the Encore will be small enough to allow me to still carry my bow. Hard to carry a 5+ft longrifle and a bow...last year of course a shooter buck walked by at 8yds when I had my flintlock lol.

I'm thinking the 50cal barrel and a 20ga turkey barrel will be nice. Don't need the 270 barrel so I will send it down the road.