In my experiences with buying and selling Loveless, Early Randall's, Fowler's, and Moran's it's a very small niche market. Buyers are looking for that special piece. There are very few new collectors that just want or are looking to buy a standard model. So they certainly don't fly off the selves, unless you have something special that collectors are looking to complete their collection. Back in the 90's I could buy, sell fairly easy because prices were much lower and supply was more readily obtainable. Today collectors have those special pieces locked up and even the standard models are less frequently on the market. So that drives up the prices on standard models that guys just aren't willing to pay anymore.

Then take into account that we have makers that can make a better show piece or a better user model with better materials, heat treat, etc. So that stalls out the market. Guys that got stuck buying a Loveless at or after Bob's death don't want to lose the money they have tied up in whatever pieces they have. So like you said they are asking unrealistic prices and the knives just sit on display. My opinion is every serious knife enthusiast should own at least one Loveless. Not because they are anything above others but because of the history and what Bob did for the knife world.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 09/02/20.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.