Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by PJGunner
"After handling several #1's....A's, B's, AB's, S's and V's, I have come to the conclusion that the balance on the 1S configuration is about the best of the bunch and really makes for one of the more pleasant field rifles."

I concur. You should have also added that of the various Ruger #1 models the "S" model is the best looking of the bunch. I would come close to killing to find one I could afford in 7x57 Mauser. My latest rifle is an "S" in .300 Win. Mag. and so far, it has averaged .50 to .75" ai 100 yards running the .200 gr. Speer Hot Core or Nosler Partition over a top charge of the lond discontinued Winchester WMR powder.
I do have a small collection of Ruger #1's running from .22 Hornet to .416 Rigby.
Paul B.

I may have to disagree with you on that statement in bold. There is something about the AH models that just look sleek and a touch more elegant to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. laugh

Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE