Paul, Just using the bag until I get my loads right. I have two shooting sticks I typically use when not test firing.

My last outing, I didn't clean the bore at all until finished with 15 rounds.

After sighting it in with a new front silhouette disk (6 shots), I proceeded to test my bullets. This was my 2nd batch after literally fireforming the brass to fit the tight chamber tolerances of the Sharps rifle.

65 gr and 69.5 hrs of Olde Enysford 2F (Thanks Ranch13 for recommendation), compressed .200", 520 grain BACO "money" bullet cast from 20/1 lead with a .030 veggie wad, bullets were pan lube with SPG Lube. Winchester Large Rifle Primer. Basically it was made identical to Mike Ventura bullets, those that shoot silhouette know who Venturino is. Except my OAL was 2.995.
Bullet pressed in place by a Shiloh bullet seating tool, which is basically a section of the .458 barrel (minus rifling) and a press. Thanks to GUNLAKER on Castboolits for the tip!
Far left shot was fouling shot after cleaning the barrel after sighting in 200 yards. Then the 200 groups started coming in.

Closest holes (3 on top of each other) were all 69.5 grains of 2F.

Mike's book talks about 1" groups for 100 yards, 2" groups for 200 yards, etc. is obtainable with proper and precise build of a cartridge and I didnt believe it was possible!

FYI, the run out on these test cartridges ran .001 max.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 09/05/20.