I'm just getting back into casting after many years of not doing it. I always hated lubing and sizing but this powder coating thing has renewed my interest in casting. I used to like the tumble lube with the liquid alox. Do they work well with powder coat?

I'm about to place an order for a 158g 357, a 175 40 cal, a 240 g 44, and a 230 g 45 for acp, not sure which of the lee molds would be best in those? Tumble lube or regular TC, or swc or round flat nose? What ones do you like and why?

For my 45 colt I know want the 252 g swc if I can find it. For my 45/70 guide gun I'm deciding between the 340g or 405g but can't find either in stock right now.

I've got lots of wheel weight lead but I worry it may have some zinc melted in. We melted them in a big Dutch oven and used a thermometer to try to keep the temp below zinc melt but I'm not sure how well it worked.

I also have several hundred pounds of linotype I bought from an old print shop and it xray gunned only about 72% lead and the rest was tin and antimony. It is pure of just those 3 but the guy who tested it said it was more like monotype. I plan to mix a little of it with my lead.

Bb