Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Oregon Coast is supposed to get hit with high East winds of up to 65 MPH today around 4PM and could last almost 24 hours.

What is strange is the temperature is supposed to be hovering around 87*-90* degrees.

Hiking, camping, and hunting access in our coastal mountain range has been closed do to fires for the next two days.

These winds aren’t anything new during winter months. It’s been a long time since a late summer wind storm with high temps has occurred in my memory.

This happens all the time in California during fire seasona?

😎

Front coming through in the next coupla days Beav.

High pressure inland and the low coming down I believe is the cause.

Santa Ana's coming to SoCal Tues and Wed. Because we're inland some we're only expected to 25-30 MPH here. But, Cedar Pass, a half hour away is going to look like this, from the NWS forecast:

Widespread haze before 2am, then widespread haze after 5am. Clear, with a low around 40. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph becoming northeast 34 to 39 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

That's why I'm really hoping no dumbfugg sets off a fire anywhere nearby during drunken Labor Day festivities.

For you.................. don't take a canoe full of gun safes offshore anytime soon............................unless you want them in Davey Jones' Locker.

Too late. All have been donated to Davey Jones.

😎

Does Davey have a supply of Frog Lube to keep them rust free?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?