I live on the East AZ border near some of the best elk/deer country in the states of both AZ and NM and love hunting. I've had problems using my compound bow for several years now due to a chest injury from a fall and now have back problems that's going to require surgery soon. Because of this I had decided to just give it up. But last week when both my sons were visiting and bow hunting I wanted to be out with them so have decided to obtain the AZ permit that allows me to use a crossbow.

So looking at crossbows there's so much out there it is mind boggling. So was wanting to hear from people that had been hunting with crossbow some of the pros/cons of the different designs. From what I've read so far I'm leaning towards a recurve crossbow just because I like simplicity and always hated trying to tune my old compound.

So.....are the recurves easier to maintain that the compounds like the ads state? Or what?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box