Per usual, the only constant is change......

I decided I wanted to drop the weight on this one, and after a bunch of research, I settled on wanting to find a discontinued Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 with the Multi-Firedot LRV Duplex, with an advertised weight of 12.7 ounces.

[img]https://cdnp.leupold.com/reticleImage/FireDot_LRV_Duplex_3dots_Ret_380px.png?mtime=20180118092008[/img]

Low and behold, the morning I was going to place a WTB ad for that scope, a 3-9x40 version popped up for sale here on the fire. After a quick search to see how much more that scope weighed over the 2-7, I figured a bird in the hand was worth the 2.6 oz weigh penalty, so I snagged it up. Once in hand, actual weight was 14.2 ozs...yea.

So, once I removed the NF and bolted it back on my 6x47 Batgun, I decided to re-paint barrel from the too shiny gray, to a flat black, then slid the Beatooth stock guard shell holder on the butt, and gave it a mile of black tape to hold it in place. Then I mounted the new to me Leupold up in a set of Talley 30mm mediums I luckily happened to have laying around, and scrounged up a set of Butler Creeks out of the BC bucket. Once in place, I got it bore sighted and ready to rock.

When the smoked cleared, I had dropped a half pound off the gun, with a fighting weigh now of 7 lbs, 12 ozs empty.

That night, I took it out to the quarry and got a good 200 zero.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Next stop, testing drops at distance.....