Our daughter just got home from deployment in the ME for a year. She got a job near Salt Lake and bought an old fixer house. We've been there the last couple days helping her with some work. She has a chain link fence on top of a 12" cement wall. There was an ugly bush growing right up against it that needed to go. It had maybe 40 or 50 stems coming up from the roots so I went to work with the chain saw to get it down to ground level. About 2/3 of the way through, I had sparks flying. I figured the bush wasn't that hard so I started trimming with the loppers to find out what I'd hit. I finally got down to a cast iron bathroom sink, upside down, and with the main stems of the bush growing around the drain. I kind of think it was put there 30 years ago to force the bush forward away from the fence. It wasn't nearly as attractive as it sounds. It was quite a job to cut the wood away from it and pry it out with a 4x4...after resharpening my saw.

That's one of the more unusual things I've found over the years in old houses. What have you found?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.