Originally Posted by BobMt

you threw in Florida yankee...why?.....whats with the yankee part......bob

A Florida Yankee is a person who grew up in New York, but, probably in their twenties, moved to Florida. Now, in their fifties, they get a house in the North Carolina mountains. Tend to be arrogant, especially towards anyone with a Southern accent. If you have a Southern accent they think you are stupid.

They are also called a "Halfback." They left Florida but only made it half the way back to New York.

I had another neighbor a few years back, a Florida Yankee from Buffalo, by way of Ft. Lauderdale. He bought a log cabin near by. He was going to install a wood stove.
I knew he had never been around a wood stove. I bought him a book for fifteen bucks off of Amazon. "Proper Installation and Operation of a Wood Stove."
I gave him the book.

Two weeks later he installed the wood stove. Two weeks after that, his house burned up. Second time he lit the wood stove, his house burned up. I read the Fire Marshall's report, "IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF WOOD STOVE" it said.

And I said to him, "Say did you ever get a chance to read that book I bought you about wood stoves?"
He said "No I never read it. That book burned up in the fire."

A Florida Yankee.