Originally Posted by ironbender
Interesting thread. The only batteries I've ever had leak are energizers- two incidences. Duracell has never been an issue. Energizer did reimburse me for tbe leakage. One was a high dollar black diamond headlamp.

As to lights, I have an Ozark Trail torch from the Walmart that has been outstanding. Don't remember the price, but it was cheap. It lives in the side tool pocket of my Carhartts.

l usually pick up a whole bunch of batteries every year or so. When I head out to go hunting or fishing or whatever I will change out to fresh batteries... and toss the used ones in a tupperware. Then sometime during the winter when I'm bored I will voltage check all of the batteries in the Tupperware. Anything below 1.58 I toss.

Anything above 1.63 I put back in the new pile.

Anything in between goes in TV remotes or whatever the kids might need batteries for.

I use new lithium batteries in my battery powered beard trimmer. They start out about 1.7 volts and the motor runs extra fast so I pull out less hair and therefore curse far less.

My speculation is that 100% of all alkaline batteries are made in China or some other third world s*******. I also speculate batteries cost about a dime apiece to make.

IMHO all batteries are virtually the same.

Surprisingly, Harbor Freight batteries have a slightly higher initial voltage.

The problem is if a Harbor Freight battery blows up in your $50 flashlight you are SOL, but if a Duracell battery blows up... Duracell will send you a voucher and free batteries.

So basically the only thing you're paying for with Duracell or Energizer is good will and a modicum of assurance to guarantee.

Last edited by CashisKing; 09/15/20. Reason: Southern accent voice to text typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.