Hi Dwayne. Yes, the more shots you put downrange, the larger the group will become. A lot of people use a three shot group. One can argue the math, but I have always felt that for hunting loads at least, a couple of five shot groups will tell the tale, early on. I look for consistent clusters. I do not look for the fastest velocities. It's a visual thing for me.

In this case, it was visually apparent early on. I would like to praise the shooter laugh , but he is just a part of the process - albeit a significant one. A quality aftermarket barrel, consistency when reloading and repeatability when shooting (aided in large part by the trigger) tell the tale. These pictures told me that everything was there, and that I would shoot a few good groups. I haven't shot any max loads yet, but I expect the consistency will remain with some of the powders. Math is important, but for visual learners, the uniformity will quickly become apparent. The cohesion will appear after about 10 shots or two five shot groups. What I am trying to say is that success will be visually apparent without measuring.

Mind you, everyone loves to hear about small group sizes and large velocity numbers. For that reason, they have to be recorded, for people to debate at a later time. smile

--

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the book. The poems are not the flowery, 'isn't life wonderful' kind. Some are humourous. Others are dramatic. I am not Liz Browning or Billy Shakespeare. smile I am happy that you liked some of them. One of the things about putting short stories or poetry into a book is that not everyone will like everything inside. I suppose that an author can only hope that most of the prose or poetry is well received.

Cheers!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]