Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by ejo
I just finished an 11 day backpack AK Dall sheep hunt using a pair of Scarpa Kinesis Pro gtx. It rained or snowed 9 out of 11 days and the ground was very wet. My feet were dry the whole time which was not the case for the guide wearing a new set of Kenetreks. He also fought heal blisters as well. I switched to Scarpa from Lowa Tibets mostly due to fit but both pair of Lowas had a hard time keeping water out after a year. The only issue I have with the Kinesis is the stitching on the heal is wearing considerably from the shale slides. First lite gaiters held up very well.

good boots on the report. ; ) Surpised scarpa is not more popular with the hunting community

The old school Scarpa Rios were the best boots I’ve ever had. Fit, function, everything.... Only bitch would be that they were heavy. At the time I didn’t care in the least.

Pretty sure they use different lasts now as the new boots don’t fit as well. It may be a natural vs synthetic thing. I dunno.

I currently have a pair of AKU’s that have held up well. Next pair might be a pair of LaSportivas.

One thing I have found with most all new boots is the trend to narrow soles. I don’t like it. The boot may be EE but the sole itself is skinnier than SLM’s pecker.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”