In most any locality if you rebuild a home the new construction must meet the current codes adopted by the jurisdiction. The International Code Council, ICC, is a model code that is recognized throughout most of the US. Now each jurisdiction/State can and does write addendums/supplements to the national codes to meet local conditions. Here in Virginia we have what is called the "Virginia Statewide Building Code" which is a supplement to the ICC recognized codes, i.e. BOCA, National Electric Code, etc., and it includes modification the state has adopted.

It is my understanding, I retired from the building industry years ago, that the new International Building Code does require the provisions to charge an electric automobile in the new code. I suspect it is in the National Electric Code.

The above ICC standard along with local addendum/supplements are the reason some areas, i.e. California, can require different earthquake standards than say Virginia, or Florida can require hurricane standards for new homes.