2012 F350 with 99k.
Spent the last 3 weeks in Maine. On the trip home blew the cool side intercooler pipe. Turned a 12 hr trip into a 27 hr trip home. Tried calling every auto parts store, ford dealer, Walmart, Home Depot and Lowe’s to find the part or some stuff to make a repair on the side of the road, called a friends kid to pull the part from a truck and bring up to us....8 hr trip one way. He brought us the part and it lasted a grand total of 1.5 hrs until that one blew. The part came from a 2011. Now we were stuck in a lot 7 hrs from home. Luck finally shined down. Transport company guy had an empty trailer and was heading south. $400 later and me driving the transport truck halfway because the guy was tired and the truck was in my driveway. Created a support structure out of JB weld steel stick and wire to get me around until I could get a replacement. Subsequently found out the cool side intercooler pipe is on national back order thru Ford. Apparently there’s been a recent epidemic of these pipes failing and they’re out of stock. Most Aftermarket places are Also out of stock. I found a company in Indiana that had their own version so I bought 2 at $300 each. One for my truck and one for my buddy’s. $1000 breakdown due to a [bleep] plastic intercooler pipe that should’ve been made from metal or silicone at the factory. If you have a 6.7 Powerstroke, find the part and replace it. It’s not a question of if it’ll break, its a question of when. Trust me, It’ll be cheaper in the long run

Last edited by hunter4623; 09/16/20.