Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
you guys must have good pistols to be able to reliably feed all types of ammo mixed

You trust your life to a "bad" pistol?

My EDC is a Wilson Combat ULC Commander after upgrading from a Dan Wesson Guardian.

do not have $2000 to waste on a pistol that is altered to feed hollow points. 17 shots of FMJ that feed reliably are good enough for me. do you drive around or ever driven around in a small car? you trust your life to that? get a tank

You don't need a $2,000 custom carry. My 1911 carry is actually a Colt Combat Commander that is almost strictly stock. I bought it secondhand for $400 at a gun show. I didn't like it's nasty little habit of chewing a hold in the web of my hand due to the short tang of the grip safety so replaced it with a beavertail style. Problem fixed, cost, $45.00 for the part. For reliable feeding I use a Dremel tool and some Cratex tips and polished the feed ramp and entrance to the barrel. The gun will now feed 185 gr. wadcutters reliably and was most of the time feed an empty cartridge case. The Dremel I already had and maybe $6.00 for the tips to polish the ramp and throat. Total cost, $451.00. There's only one more thing I may do and that is put on a set of decent sights. The stock set is a bit too small for my octagenarian eyeballs.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE