Thanks a lot you guys. Y'all have all helped me get better acquainted with this scope. Just looking through it, It looks very bright and clear. I'm not looking to buy another one but was just curious about this one. I remember back in the 60s B&L products were highly thought of. As far as what I said about it being made in the 90s, that was because I read it on the internet when I first got the scope. But I just now re-researched it and that was the Bushnells made after they acquired B&L. I was thinking it looked a lot older than that. Being that it was probably made sometime in the 60s it probably has no coatings on the lenses. That, plus the fact that the cross hairs are very thin in the center, it's probably not real conducive to night time hog hunting. But that rifle-scope combo is a real classic. I checked and the rifle, a Remington 721 in .30-06, was manufactured in August of 1950. When I first saw it in the pawn shop I didn't pick up on what it was AND It was pretty ratty looking. The stock didn't have much finish left on it and the metal was pretty spotty. So I didn't look into it becuse it wasn't interesting to me. That is until I got home and started reading about another Remington which happened to be a 722. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized what the rifle in the pawn shop was. I immediately got in the car and went back to the pawn shop, but they were closed already due to reduced hours because of the Covin. That was on a Saturday so they were closed until Monday. Monday morning I made a beeline to the pawn shop when they opened and immediately put that baby on layaway. It didn't stay laid away long and the first extra money I came into I went back and bailed that baby out.

I sanded off all the finish on the stock and put on 3 or 4 coats of BLO and it looks pretty good. I didn't take any dents out or sand too much. I wanted it to look its age. I rubbed the little bit of rust on it off with 4 O Steel wool and WD-40 and then cleaned it with alcohol and touched it up with some of my favorite cold stuff, Oxpho Blue. Now it looks like the classic it is.

I had planned on changing the scope out with an old K-6 I have but after reading what y'all said here I think it's better left as it is. Anyway, I think I've got me a real functional classic and will hunt somethng with it this fall. Thanks for your help>

Last edited by Filaman; 09/20/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!