Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
There's a big difference between, saying there should be no nominee vote for the SCOTUS, compared to a no vote for a SCOTUS nominee. I can't see Collins voting against a woman. A woman has cause a lot men to do things they ordinarily wouldn't.

Exactly. This doesn't matter. Put up a nominee, whether they like it or not. And then, makes them explain why the nominee isn't qualified. They can't.

They are not going to explain why the nominee is not qualified, in fact they are prolly going to say something like, "Although XXXX is highly qualified, I cannot in good conscience vote in favor of the nominee in an election year".

Leaving the court in a disastrous 4-4 split.

I think they will cave. They're all high and mighty now. Put a candidate in front of them and make them vote no because of timing when the person in front of them is fully qualified. I think instead of your quote above, they will break down and say something like "although I don't agree with the timing of these proceedings, this candidate is nominated and fully qualified..." Once the nominee is on the Senate floor, their issues with the timing are moot.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.