Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I worked for the Census. These guys who come to your door are called Enumerators. I was an Enumerator.
The people who you go to visit are people who declined to answer the Census on the computer, declined to answer by the phone call, and did not reply to the paper letter that was in the mail box.

How does that work for 2nd residence? We showed up at our camp in WV a couple months ago and found a census "we were here and we'll be back" notice stuck in the screen. We don't vote there or live there but we do pay property (and fire and ambulance) taxes there. Obviously they never got back to us and we answered the census via mail for our primary home. I suppose that might affect something?

We went to our vacation home and found a 50 page form and a few letters telling us to fill it out. Hadn't been there for awhile. The lengthy form asked, on the first page, how many people had lived here and for how long. Since none had lived more than two months of the year, it said to skip to page 48. There it asked a few questions like did we have running water, how much were our taxes, and the like.

No big deal. Five minutes and I mailed it back.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.