Originally Posted by 805
What powders do you have on hand? You should be able to get at least 3250 I’d guess with the 18” barrel depending on what powders you have. They will work just fine especially within your given ranges.

Varget and H4350

Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Hey Gruff long time no see.

I'm as far away from a Barnes fan as you can get. I recently jumped through all the hoops required to give a rifle to a good friend (PH)'s wife in RSA. When I took the rifle I took 50 rounds of 87 grain VMAX and 50 rounds of 80 grain TTSX to her.

She was kind enough to let me use the rifle while I was there. I loaded up the TTSX up to about 3200 FPS out of a 20" barrel.

Still not a Barnes fan but discovered they work pretty well if you can hook some bone on the entrance side.

If things got ugly with a bear in your country I kind of think hitting CNS with any deer capable bullet might pay dividends.

Best to you and yours.

Yeah, I'd rather just keep rocking the BT, but figured the TTSX would only be more of a good thing if she opens. Put that little barreled action in a wood BDL stock I got here off the classifieds. Makes for a neat gun.

MAGA