I get good results with a GEM20. It's quite good indeed for checking a powder measure. It is precise enough to weigh charges for a small batch but it gets very tedious quite soon. If I were weighing every charge, I would get a Chargemaster or Auto Charge. As it is, I use a drum powder measure, and the GEM20 is more than accurate enough to check that. My drum throws charges with some powders more precisely than what the Chargemaster is advertised for, but the Chargemaster may be more more precise than they advertise. The RCBS Match Master is claimed to have a higher 0.04 grain accuracy in "match mode." The GEM20 indicates precision to hundredths of a grain, but the accuracy is probably a little less. They advertise 0.001g which is about one and a half hundreths of a grain, and we'd round up to two significant digits. I doubt that accuracy greater than the GEM20 is practical without an analytical balance, which becomes even more tedious. On the other hand, the person with an Ohaus-type mechanical balance has no practical disadvantage and their equipment will probably last longer.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 09/21/20.