I am taking a boat over to the Owyhee Reservoir for deer hunting this year. Looking for any advice, do's, don'ts from anyone that has hunted over there. I hear there are a lot of rattlesnakes... I had a brutal hunt for Elk last year in the Mill Creek Watershed, and it looks like the Owyhee is also going to offer me very similar geography, steep and deep, minus all the trees. I have a very nice Vortex 20-60x85 spotting scope and Vortex Viper 15x50 binoculars. I anticipate the weather could be t-shirt weather one day and snowing the next. Guessing I will just need to hike up to decent elevation and glass, glass, glass, spot and stalk... It's my understanding there are not a lot of deer over there, but there are some dandies. I am going with a buddy and I believe we will be hunting south of the boat ramp, but exact location is not yet known. I am an avid hunter, bow hunted Oregon wilderness for about 25 years, harvested two moose, a dall sheep and a mountain goat in Alaska within the last 10 years and really enjoy being out in the woods. I'm headed to sagebrush country and am looking for any information anyone is willing to offer. Planning on taking my Ruger M77 30-06 and a 6.5 Creedmoor, both have Vortex optics of course :-) . Thanks in advance.