vapodog;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you folks down in Nebraska and this finds you and yours well.

Way back in the day I started reloading with the "standard" scale back then which was an RCBS 5-0-5 made by Ohaus. It of course worked flawlessly for more than a decade, perhaps 15 years, whereupon I ended up purchasing an entire reloading setup from a friend and sending the stuff I didn't need to a nephew.

Well..... I sent the RCBS 5-0-5 to the nephew and kept the new to me RCBS 10-10 again by Ohaus and on more than one occasion since passing my late '40's I've regretted that decision. To my now getting to be semi-old guy eyes, it's much easier to have the 10-10 set incorrectly as it's tougher for me to read.

That said, it has never hopped out of place which I would suggest is possible with the 5-0-5, though honestly I can't recall that happening.

We tried an electronic powder scale at work doing some very fine measurements of chemicals and just couldn't get along with it. I want to say there was too much air movement where we used it in a finishing application room so it wouldn't settle down and zero.

While I'm not a complete Luddite in all areas, I'm afraid that the mechanical scale in combination with a powder measure works well enough for the volume of reloading I'm doing thus far.

Anyways, all that to say another vote for manual Ohaus scales and why I've voted that way.

All the best to you all this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"