I run Warne bases on 2 muzzleloaders, most of my lever actions, a couple large bore bolt actions, and a 7600 carbine I use for tracking in fresh snow. Pretty much anything on which I might want or need to use the open sights in a hurry gets Warne bases. They are very thin, and with them in place I can still easily see factory sights in all circumstances in which I've used them; no need to modify sight height or arrangement. I typically use Warne QD rings and have found them to be very solid and flawless in zero retention. Since these are generally shorter range set ups for me, I don't mind the vertically split ring. But, there's a lot of options out there for horizontally split QD rings with pic mounts. I do like the fact that Warne rings are 4 screw, as many years back I broke several ring screws on rings with only 2 fasteners on a lightweight .338 - and yes, they were torqued to spec.

One thing I'll add is that, if available, I replace the rear factory sight with a peep or ghost ring of some sort. I have had great luck with Williams First Sight rings that are straddled with 2 fiberoptic dots. They are relatively cheap, and they mount right on the rear sight ramp that comes standard on many rifles. I have them mounted on any rig I own that will fit them. Very quick and accurate aiming, and, unlike some peeps that mount to a scope base, you can leave them in place with the scope mounted so you always have a backup incase some type of adversity takes your scope out of commission or you are mandated to use open sights by law.

When I get home, I'll post some pics of them.

Last edited by Starbuck; 09/25/20.