Originally Posted by kennymauser
I would buy a piece of land that borders US Forest Service land and maybe a state school section or two. I have several places in mind. laugh

The Forest Service as adjoining neighbors? I've been neighbors with them for 50 years and it ain't fun, and it ain't easy. Every wide eyed kid with a sparkling new diploma has a new pet crusade.
It might be mitigating mining tailings, it might be pine blister rust, it might be don't touch, it might be save the salmon, it might be bio- diversity, it might be fuels reduction, it might be invasive species, it might be roadbuilding, it might be de-commisioning roads, it might be whatever that kid's favorite professor said. All done on somebody else's money, so the kid really has no skin in the game. And believe you me Kenny, they have a ton of tools and rules in their bag to lean on adjacent landowners. Follow your dream brother, but talk to other landowners too.

Last edited by flintlocke; 09/26/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.