That Bretton is too esoteric for me — aesthetically not pleasing to my eye. In shotguns, esp O/U and SxS’s I like the classic lines including English or POW grips. For me, on a top-tier gun, a very closed “pistol grip” breaks up the lines and appears harshly out of place. I believe the clay competitors would disagree with me but I’m talking for field use. And personally.

It’s too bad we don’t have more domestically-made good two-barrel guns in our shops and stores but we don’t because this is primarily a semi-auto nation with various importers supplying the niche demand from Europe, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Turkey.

Even Browning which I think of as a home brand was only made here until mid-seventies, then Belgium, then Miroku, Japan and now Belgium, Portugal, Japan, AND the U.S.

Anyway, the old formula for gun weight was 96 x it’s intended shot charge. In a 20, take 1 0z of shot and compute 6 lbs. likewise, a 16 with 1 1/8 0z would be 6.75, and a 12’s 1 1/4 would take it to 7.5 lbs (much too heavy for my purposes).

There’s waffle room for your intended load and then personal preferences. I like a bit lighter — my 20’ are at ~ 5.5 lbs, my sixteen is right at the 6.75. but my 12’s are at 6.25 and 6.5 lbs.

But I have very little need for magnum shot shells in the uplands other than occasionally in the 20’s.