I have a CZ 457 Varmint that is printing groups in the .150/.200 range at 50 with multiple types of ammo.
And since I pirated the scope its currently wearing from my 700 Police, it is going to need one fairly soon.
Christmas at the latest.

I want to be able to run it out to at least 200 yards, and I want some sort of help from my reticle, be it mil-dots or an MOA tree (I favor MOA, simply because its what I'm used to).
Whatever I buy, I want the reticle units to match the turret units.

This is a recreational thing, not a competition thing. I don't need a Nightforce.
But I do want very good glass and very good mechanicals. Resettable zero is a big plus. So is side focus. And the more internal adjustment the better.

I will spend whatever I need to, but I'm really hoping that I can spend a modest amount.
I won't buy a scope made in China.

So I'm interested in a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44. From what I understand they are made in the Philippines with Japanese glass. Multiple retailers have them for around $300. An MOA reticle/MOA turrets version is available.

But I've never seen one, and I don't know anyone who runs one.
So I'm looking for input from you all.
Talk me out of it if you can. Talk me into something else if it makes more sense.

Thanks!

Last edited by kragman1; 09/26/20.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....