I found one of Sticks posts on it actually. That's where the m700 spring and follower idea came from....makes sense to get rid of the plastic follower that doesn't exactly feed smoothly.

Watching the follower in action, the rear always say lower than the front...unless I manipulated it..I could get it to rise but it was "sticky".

Bent the left side of the feed rail a smidge. Poof. Works great now. Feeds everything just dandy.

Before, the case heads were barely sticking up enough to get picked up by the bolt.

Took a while to find threads on actually correcting the issue.... despite many guys complaining of the issue...

Guys will say blah blah blah for a rifle of that price is shouldnt need to fixin.....I'd agree....but at the same time, you can't come close to the rifle without a custom build using an action that costs as much as the Montanas. Believe me. I tried everything I could come up with. To get the size and weight to be similar wasn't cheap with a quality stock.

I knew going in that it might be a project. But at the end of the day, bedding and bending a feed lip a smidge wasn't that big of a deal.