Originally Posted by T_Inman
I thought a guy needed a conservation stamp to buy a point? Could be wrong, as I have a limetime conservation stamp and never thing about it.

In any event, OP, points are not unit specific. Buy a point, urge your buddy to do the same and then apply as a party for whatever hunt you want next year. You'll either bith draw, or neither.

No need for a guide or lodge unless you need pampered. A guide could make it easy to avoid private land issues, and most of the easier to draw units have lot of that. Just something to think about.

Pretty sure you are OK to buy a point without the stamp - if I remember you only need to buy the stamp once you are successful in drawing a tag and then being in the field hunting.

In regards to unit 109, not much public land in that unit so unless you have some access to private might be a tough hunt. I believe there where leftover tags in that unit this year, I sort of looked into it since I didn't draw my usual unit but decided not to go for it. If you each have 1 point going into next years draw there are some units in that general area that would be a better choice IMHO. Look a bit south of there and you could have an enjoyable hunt and see some beautiful country!

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"