Originally Posted by mathman
Mercurochrome? Bactine? Those were the sissy stuff. Merthiolate was the real deal. Dad used to say something like "If it isn't burning it isn't working".

Talk about burning, I like alcohol.

Whacked the big toe on my left foot with a power mower a few years back. Hopped in the house, grabbed a jug of isopropyl, probably 91% as I like to use the strong stuff when I need it. Squirted it all over the toe, flushed it out pretty good. Wrapped a towel around it, held foot off ground with that, hopped to the neighbor's trailer couple hundred feet away like that to ask for a ride to the hospital. Quicker than waiting for the 'bambalance" to get the 29 miles from town. Hopped back home to close things up while he got his truck ready and over to my place.

Get to the ER, doc says that looks pretty clean and I told him about the alcohol on it. He says "That must have hurt" . I thought to myself "no Scheidt?" and told him it didn't hurt as much as hitting it with a spinning lawnmower blade did.

Pain is relative to some of us I guess.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?