Man, this reloading stuff is sure confusing. I’ve never seen a collection of material that consistently contradicts itself. I’m brand new at this this stuff, super gullible, and not sure what to believe. Every source swears imminent death should you veer from that particular manual or source.

I’m starting to reload for the following rifles:
7mmRM In a tikka action
9.3x62 in an HVA 1600 action
.375 H&H Ackley in a Sako AV action
30-378 Weatherby In a Weatherby action

My question revolves on weather to crimp or not to crimp, and where to crimp. COAL is different for just about every bullet/powder combination. Some sources say all these cartridges need/should be crimped. Some say that you need to precisely follow published COALs. Some say you can crimp your bullet anywhere if you trim your cases to the same length. Some say to seat your bullet out far as possible to be able to fit in your magazine to achieve best accuracy. Others say to find the lands and either seat your bullet on the lands or just off them. Some say you should only seat and crimp your bullet at the cannelure/crimping groove.

What’s the deal??

The problem is that I can’t satisfy all these rules. Ie, the lands for my 9.3 are further than the magazine would allow, and if I were to stay at the most common published COAL of 3.290, the crimping groove on my bullet is 1/4” from the case mouth. All sources say I should crimp this round with my 58g of varget or 62g of big game. How do I not die?

Thanks for the replies. I’m a noob and may not understand all your answers, but I’ll try. And I’m still looking for a safety catch spring for that HVA1600. Thanks.