Yeah well it's obvious you need to raise the rear sight up on the lay down position without messing with your ability to retain the 200 and 300 yd settings when you stand the staff. At .265" it must be damn hard to pick up over the top of the receiver anyway. What I think I would do is simple, find a piece of wire about .1" to .125" in diameter cut it down to the width of your rear sight, rough it up a little on one side and epoxy it to the top of your rear sight. Try to keep the back side of the sight clear of anything to maintain the existing staff height when folded up. After its setup take a 3 corner needle file and notch it in the ctr just a tad, enough to see the top of the frt sight. Now to the range see where it is for elevation. It's glued so it's not as durable as solid metal, work the height down with a dremel or a file notching the top as you go. When you get down to the height you need to put your shots where you want them at 100 measure the height and write it down. Once you know this you could use it as is or simply atleast know how high it needs to be extended with a silver soldered or braised piece of metal that would be more durable. Usually Shiloh sights are pretty close but they are targeted to bp loads. At 65 my eyes don't make the best use of really fine black iron sights sometimes a little dab of chartreuse or hot pink finger nail polish works wonders on iron sight visibility . On my 45 -110 business rifle I replaced the German silver blade in the dovetail base with a pre 1982 penny, oh so much better low light visibility. Good luck MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "