Originally Posted by 79S

So you are for, favoring one user group over the other 10-4...

If you are talking about out of state hunters vs the people who have lived here for generations, then yes I do favor the locals. When you live in a area you should have preference to the limited resources of that area over those who are traveling into the area from outside. I also favor Alaska residents over non residents. Don't you?

And notice that the regulations don't favor natives over non-natives. They lump everyone together as "local residents" so white dudes like me have the same legal privileges as the native residents.

Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Guess I better go throw away all those marrow bones I kept and get rid of the tongue and face meat while I’m at it.

I said "The villagers I hunted with used more of the caribou than the *average* white person does." You obviously know how much those bones are worth! I know that many whites use as much of the animal as the natives. I also know that when I'm hunting with other white guys I get a lot of sideways looks when I am salvaging the bones along with the meat. They can't imagine why anyone would waste time and energy on the bones. I would bet that you have run into the same thing.

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Over a long period of time I spent a bit of time in different villages and was even selected for a huge legal case involving wanton waste by Natives. You have to have some serious tunnel vision to miss ww.

I only have experience in two villages. I haven't seen much waste in either village. But notice that I did not say that there was no waste. Hell, here in Barrow there was a chunk of maktak(whale blubber/skin) on the ground by the steps outside the post office for about six weeks. I always wondered how in the heck that got there and why no animal or bird carried it off. Any hunter who says that he has never wasted any meat ever is a liar- and I don't care what your background is.