i have aalf's first 6 mm PRC barrel. I built it on a 700 L/A as he did. I changed the way he did the mag box on his and put a Wyatt center feed box and follower on. I made a small spacer and used the ADL front trigger guard hole to hold it on. The things feeds great no matter if you feed it fast or slow.
I started off using 108 ELD-M bullets and had great success but was not sure how they would perform on deer. I switched to 95 gr LRX bullets and I am happy with the results.
I bedded the action in a McMillan Game Warden or Game Hunter (I always get them confused but it is the one without the check piece). The action was brand new and it has been blue printed and a precision ground recoil lug was used.
With the 108's but I was getting around 3300 FPS ( I would have to check my notes to be exact) With the 95's I am just over 3500 FPS. I can push them faster but it is stupid accurate with that load. I have shot and sent aalf pictures of a .81 group at 400 yards with that load.
I shot it at that range again this past weekend and got a 1 inch group so I am not messing with it.
The only short fall I see is in case forming. Aalf gave me a good description as to how he was doing it so I had somewhere to start. I had some 6.5 PRC brass that had loose primer pockets so I had some to play with to perfect my process. When I tried to form it all in one pass, I crushed the shoulder. I have a set of 6.5 PRC dies with bushings and I found what aalf told me to be true. I use a couple of steps in necking it down, anneal, and do the final neck down, turn the necks and you are good to go. You can short cut the process but I like he, found that you get run out that was unacceptable.
Hornady brass for this round is really very good. I now have a little over 200 pcs. which should last a long time.
I plan on taking this to TX in Nov. and can give you a report on the gun and bullet then ( I hope).
Oh I have it topped with a Zeiss V4 4-16 with the ballistic ret. With this load and bullet, I am 1.2" high at 100, dead on at 225, 3.6 low at 300, and the first hash mark is on at 350, and the second hash is on at 450. So you have the option to use the ret. or dial, kinda the best of both worlds in my mind.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....