Experienced a great hunt with my father in Northern Maine “Zone 1”. Dad was the permit holder and I was his sub permittee. The Outfitter advised we scout three days prior to the season beginning. We set up a small tent camp overlooking a lake. Over the next three days we located several bulls and covered many miles in the North Woods.

Day 1 started early with coffee and breakfast. We made the short trip to the area we felt held a good concentration of bulls. Within minutes we could hear several. Our guide began calling and raking brush to get the bulls attention. We set up overlooking an opening. 20 minutes into the season Dad’s bull walked into the clearing at about 50yards. Dad hit the bull in the chest and I followed him up like we discussed prior to the hunt.

Emotions ran high as we made our way to the bull. The smiles and tears are something I will cherish for ever. I feel blessed to share such an experience with the man that introduce me to hunting.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/15288099/dad-s-maine-bull-2020