Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Its a great action. Have you glass bedded your rifle, tuned the trigger, made sure the mag box isn't in a bind? A ruger m77 can be made to shoot very well, it just takes a few trick moves. Im wondering what you've done with yours, since you say you "can't seem to get the accuracy out of it".....

Agreed, they are excellent actions. Some of mine have had nothing done to them, some have had homespun trigger smoothing, all have floated barrels, one or two have been bedded. All shoot great and they are rugged and reliable.

Currently I'n Wyoming with my .257 Roberts.Not a MKII or Hawkeye, of which I have multiples, but an original M77. Planning on two MKII's for elk season, a .280 Rem and .300WM.

As my above post signifies, I am quite fond of Ruger Mk II rifles. I have had and still have several. I long ago learned how to work on their triggers and tune whatever else needed tuning and have had excellent results from all. I know that a lot of guys including Mule Deer prescribe bedding. I have never, after doing the things mentioned in my earlier post and and the aforementioned trigger tuning, had to bed one to get it to shoot good groups at 100 yds. If it needs to be bedded, by all means do it. I’m just saying I would try the other corrective measures first.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug