I have owned all versions of the 60 and 80 series, to include the Japanese right hand drive diesel exports.

I sold my last 87 fj-60 to some folks who filmed the movie "sugar mountain" down in Seward.

Some issues with an 87 60:

Gobs of obsolete vacuum actuated emissions components. If they're not proper, they will fk with the carburetor

Lock in 4wd, climb a steep incline. If 4wd pops out of gear, the transfer case will need a rebuild

In 4wd, turn tight right and tight left, if you hear clicking, the front axle will need serviced, which takes at least 10-12 hours of work for a beginner.

Pull of fuel filter hose and let some gas onto a white rag. If it comes out rusty from the tank side of the filter, the tank is rusted out. They had aweful tank coatings .

You should see about 12-13 mpg cruising at 55 mph.

Check the front driveline for slop at the axle pinion side. If any play, that will have to be serviced.

Jack up rear tires and check rear axle for backlash. If back lash is excessive, rear axle will need to be serviced.

The 2f in my opinion, is an aweful motor. Yeah they last, I didnt think misery could last so long. They are bloody expensive to work on, and give 454 big block chevy fuel economy, with 120 horsepower.

I would never own another one. A Chevy 350 conversion will be the cheapest. Your fuel economy will go up as well.

Many different vendors sell a new in box h55 transmission, which gives you a 5th gear. This also mates up to a chevy 350 with an adaptor.

$10,000 is absurd. You can pick up a right hand drive hj61 with the 12 ht turbo diesel from Canada for that price or lower. 4.0 inline six turbo diesel, a full floating rear axle, and usually come with a better transmission than the 87 go 60.

I'd offer $5000, or just walk away.